Do you want to make a difference in 2009 without reaching deep into your pockets?  Check out these websites to see how you can help someone in need this holiday season:

* GoodSearch.com allows users to Surf Selflessly this holiday season, because with every online search through GoodSearch.com, the company donates a penny to the charity of your choice.

* iLoveSchools.com assists teachers who are in need.  Teachers create wishlists through this site and donors can use the site to recycle those old Jane Eyre & Grapes of Wrath books that are collecting dust on your shelves.

* GivingTree Gift Cards, are a MasterCard product.  When you forgo the traditional gift card and give a GivingTree Gift Card, 10% of the prepaid Mastercard value goes to the charity of the recipient’s choice, while the other 90% can be used wherever MasterCard debit is accepted.

* RoomtoRead.org is a website that allows you to adopt a library, school or village.  Even the smallest contribution to this program will go to building a library or school is places like South Africa or Cambodia.  Even better, your online gift will be matched through the end of the year.

Leave a comment